Deadline: 31 October 2019
Call for entries
The Wake Up! Memorial
will be adding in 2020 a new section dedicated to the “climate change” to be presented online, as well as in physical space via curated screenings.
Artists working with audio-visual media are invited to submit works in the field of film/video and sonic art
on the topic – “Climate Change!” and preseving the natural environment on Earth for future generations..
As a term or catchword, “Climate Change” is ambivalent – it describes a process, development or state which can be reversible, as well as irreversible – reversible, this includes for an individual the option to take personally influence on one’s environment and prevent actively “the climate change” as an irreversible process or state – irreversible, it is too late to take any influence, and “climate change” means nothing else than the “Last Days” (of humanity, of the natural environment, the world as we know, etc). One has to accept the inevitable destiny. In its widest sense, “climate” can be understood as “environment”.
Short films/short videos may have a maximum duration of 10 minutes (exceptions possible) in many formats ranging from documentary via artvideo to experimental film.
The Wake Up! Memorial
is corporate part of the 7 Memorials for Humanity – http://7mfh.a-virtual-memorial.org
– Deadline: 31 October 2019
– no age limit
– no entry fee
– submissions by film/video makers and soundartists from all countries on the globe to be submitted exclusively online
– max 3 works can be sumitted for each category film/video or soundart
– wanted: single channel videos in mp4 – duration between 1 minute and 10 minutes (exceptions possible)
– creations using language and/or text other than English need English subtitles
– The full-length films/videos may be produced between 2000-2019. The submission of extracts is not accepted!!
– wanted: soundart (sonic art) in mp3 – max duration 10 minutes
– The video preview copy – mp4 – and the soundart piece – mp3 – have to be made available for download via WETRANSFER or from VIMEO or Youtube (link)
– only selected artists will be notified after the deadline and invited to send the HD copy of the selected video in best screening quality.
– The Wake Up! Memorial is looking for innovative and experimental approaches in dealing with contents and technology
Entry Form – please cut and paste
Please use for each piece to be submitted a new entry form
a) full name
b) full address
c) email, URL
d) short bio (max. 100 words, English only)
a) title English – original (max 3 works)
b) URL home page, (Internet address for download)
c) year of production
e) work synopsis (max. 100 words/submission, English only)
f) 2 screenshots for each submitted work (jpg, HD 1920×1080 px)
Please add this declaration & sign it with your full name & email address
I, the submitter/author, declare to be the holder of all rights on the submitted work.
In case the work is selected, I give – until revoke – The Wake Up! Memorial the permission to include the work in the project context online and in physical space for screenings /exhibitions and the use of screenshots for non-commercial promotional purposes free of charge. Until revoke means, that the author can remove his work at any time. The work will be removed within 3 months.
Please use for each submission a separate entry form
Please use this email address for submitting
artvideokoeln (at) gmail.com
and following subject line “Wake up!” – Climate Change